How to Install electric starter in 25hp Honda?

boatski

Recruit
I have a 25 hp. four stroke with a pull start. I would like to convert it to electric start cause I am getting to old to yank start it.:eek: Is there a complete kit available? Aftermarket is perfered due to cost constraints. Where would be the best place to find what I need to do the job myselfe. I searched the forum and could not find a thread for this conversion. Any help would be appreciated.
boatski

Winnie Vaughn

Recruit
Re: How to Install electric starter in 25hp Honda?

I will let you know Monday, I got a 97 honda off e-bay and will ask the shop what the cost will be to move everything to my 25 hp motor. I paid 405.00 for a long shaft 9.9 4 stroke so this should be fair. The out of pocket cost for all new parts was 1600.00 to buy all parts.:)

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

Honda is not very friendly on conversions in that horsepower range.Parts alone will leave you wondering WTF but it can with some difficulty be done.

Winford

Recruit

I will let you know Monday, I got a 97 honda off e-bay and will ask the shop what the cost will be to move everything to my 25 hp motor. I paid 405.00 for a long shaft 9.9 4 stroke so this should be fair. The out of pocket cost for all new parts was 1600.00 to buy all parts.:)

Ok, this is what you will need to do for the 25 HP four stroke, I have a 2002 pull start. Cost is 750.00 if you do the work. Iboats will sale you everything below retail cost and ship free. You will need the following list.
28491-zv7-750 77.04
31200-zv7-751 335.86
90126-zv7-751 x 2 1.04
94301-10160 x 2 1.12
31110-zv7-003 209.07
35150-zv7-023 22.51
90302-921-000 3.01
carble assy you can get from local wire company or home depot for battrey to starter about 35.00. 15 A fuse for positve carble to starter switch. Remove the re-coil pull start and then replace flywheel with new one, toque bolts 80 FLbs . Before replacing flywheel, remove front bracket for recoil and replace with new backet for starter, then install new starter and replace flywheel and re-coil bolts. Now pull rubber plug from handbar hosuing and install switch thru hole and apply plastic nut to switch. Then remove charge pulg from housing and cut white/red wire and then cut green wire, disgard the plug, this is where you will ran the battary wires and charge wire thru opening. Line with rubber seal to prevent wires from cutting on edge of opening. Connect white/red wire and ran to positive side of battery and connect green wire to neg side. Connect positve to left bare nut on starter top side with a 15 A fust connector, this fuse line will go to the black/white wire on switch and the right side wire on starter with a white conecter plug cut and connect the plug back on black/white wire and plug into wire from starter. Make sure that the motor is in netural when you start motor, if in gear when you try to start the recoil pull is the netural switch and you may burn your starter-up. If you need help drop me an e-mail and phone number I will call to help.:):cool:

joe1shoe

Recruit

I also have a 2002 honda 25HP I'd like to convert to electric start. I tried looking up the parts you list. I found a few, not all of them. Can you add the description after each part so I know what I'm looking for?

Thanks.