Nissan NS90A PLEASE HELP lower unit problems!

panacea1

Recruit
I need to replace my clutch and forward drive gear how do I do this and can I do it myself? My pivot tube is also partially bound up from sitting how can I free this up to get the T/T to work better.
Thanks.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Nissan NS90A PLEASE HELP lower unit problems!

The first step is always the hardest...Know your limitations. If you are not sure you know what you are doing stop now and let your local dealer do the repair. If you want to try anyway your second step is to get a service manual. Do not take anything apart without having that manual in front of you. Once you have the service manual you can see exactly what is involved and make a decision as to whether or not this is something you want to do. Parts are available from any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer.

gss036

Commander
Re: Nissan NS90A PLEASE HELP lower unit problems!

Good advise!
My son-in-law was going to try to do a clutch change in my granddaughter's front wheel drive ford. He got it up and started, even w/a manual. Stopped and decided that if he was able to get it apart, he would never get it back together. Glad he had enough common sense to realize his ability. That is one of the secrets to working on any kind of engine.