Can't get gas through Honda 90 #1 Carb

gatorcat

Recruit
Hi, I am new to this forum, seems to be many knowledgeable people here. I recently purchased boat with a 2000 90 HP Honda. It had sat up for a while, so the first time I fired it up it ran terribly. I sequentially removed the spark plugs and realized that #1 and #3 cylinders weren't firing at all. I removed the carbs and the #3 cylinder idle jet was clogged, after cleaning it started working properly, but I did my best to clean #1, and it didn't help. I have since soaked the carb in carb cleaned and that didn't help. I then swapped the #1 and #2 carbs to isolate to problem to the carb, and sure enough, after swapping, the #2 cylinder stopped firing. I am not sure what more to do to this carb other than soaking it more. Any ideas are appreciated.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Can't get gas through Honda 90 #1 Carb

It's not unusual to have to clean a carb more than once. It's also possible that the clog can't be removed. Sometimes you just have to replace the $245.00 carb.

gatorcat

Recruit

Another symptom is, the #1 cylinder doesn't fire through the entire RPM range. Where as #3 didn't fire at idle but kicked in at higher RPM's.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

well you will need to rebuild the carbs right
get a factory manual, which i can help you out with that

guitarbo

Recruit

I feel you pain!! Just spent 2 weeks getting mine working correctly. Here is my findings..
make sure you can blow through the long jet that goes through the throat of the carb.. this ended up being my main problem even after an overnight soak had to keep blasting it with Chem B12 carb cleaner till it busted through
next - make sure carbs are synced .. if carb butterfly is not open at idle it will have the same effect as clogged jet.
Hope this helps
Bo