Honda 30 HP prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill C.

Cadet
Just got a new jon boat and 30 HP Honda outboard. Dealer put a 10 x 11 SS prop on it and said that was the "middle" prop for this motor. The boat has great hole shot but I'd like a little more top end speed and lower RPM at cruising speed. At about 80% throttle and maybe 4500-5000 RPM (a guess) that boats probably about 20-22 MPH (I forgot to take my GPS today).

The standard aluminum prop supplied by Honda on this boat is 9.25 x 12. Could someone give me an idea how differently a 10 x 12 or 10 x 13 prop would behave on my boat?

The boat is an 18' x 48" bottom width, boat weighs about 330 lbs, 160 lb outboard, and people/gear was about 275 lbs today including gas. The hole shot was outstanding -- the boat jumped onto plane quickly and the bow hardly rose at all. I could sacrifice a little hole shot for some top end speed and/or lower RPM at cruising speed.

(I posted this in the prop forum but thought I might find users with 30 HP Honda's here that would have some first hand experience with these props.)

Thanks.

Bill

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Honda 30 HP prop

You posted in the right place the first time, Bill.

Please do not multi-post. It is confusing to the helpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.