Tohatsu 15 HP water leak

myguy007

Cadet
hi there,

i have a new 15 HP Tohatsu 4 stroke electric start......it seems to run great excetp for two things

1. sometimes the oil light does not go off but if i turn the motor off and restart it does not stay on and I am not losing any oil

2. the water spurts out the back like it is suppose to but I also see it is dribbiling out the right side coming out of the plastic side cover just above the water line...... not sure of the names here...... and i looke on a friends Nissan and no water os leaking out here.....

comments?

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu 15 HP water leak

The oil light sounds like a bad ground...IE loose wire, but take it into a dealer to be sure as it could indicate a real pressure problem or even a bad sensor. Your under warranty so you might as well use it. The water leak can be checked at the same time.

myguy007

Cadet

thanks guru...

it was a loose wire...... I do not have a dealer close by so i checked my self as for the water "leak" I took the side covers off and it is coming out of a hole. I don to have a exploded view to name the part. But it looks like it is running right.....???????

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

I would try to figure out why you a leak as it can only get worse.

myguy007

Cadet

I will look into it but i do not think it is a leak now-----I thinkit is comming out of where it is suppose to.....once i get that parts book or exploded view I will be able to tell for sure....

thanks for the help