1999 Honda BF 50A (Gas in the Oil)

G D Smith

Recruit
Engine oil is contaminated with gasoline. Two hours running elevates the oil level on the dipstick by 1/2 an inch. Carburettor float levels and mixture settings are within range. The fuel pump and cooling system thermostat have been replaced. The problem persists. I would very much appreciate assistance in locating the cause of the problem.

Last edited:

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: 1999 Honda BF 50A (Gas in the Oil)

Engine oil is contaminated with gasoline. Two hours running elevates the oil level on the dipstick by 1/2 an inch. Carburettor float levels and mixture settings are within range. The fuel pump and cooling system thermostat have been replaced. The problem persists. I would very much appreciate assistance in locating the cause of the problem.

I'd make sure that the carb floats aren't saturated with fuel and that the needle valves aren't sticking.

You can tell if the floats are saturated by removing them and drying them off and setting them in the sun for a few minutes, you can see them weep fuel.

BTW, if yours is a remote controlled motor, check that the choke selenoid plunger travels freely.