Honda 130 not charging

red.cherokee

Recruit
Hello all, When I started my 130 Honda this year, after about 10 seconds the audible alarm starts to beep beep beep . . . continuously.

The Oil Pressure light is on, and Water Temp. light is off. Oil level is ok, drained vapor seperator. Boat idles and runs great. Was told it is probably a fuel alarm, and I should run some new gas through it.

Noticed the battery voltage is getting a little low. No change to battery gauge with engine speed change. Then I remembered, when connecting the battery, I got the cables reversed. When I laid down the negative cable to the, positive post, it drew enough arch to make me take it off and look twice. I noticed the error and hooked up the cable the right way. I'm guessing this is the problem? The charging system was working fine when last ran. Can this cause my problem?

I checked the three fuses on the side of the engine, and they look good. The operators manual and Clymer shop manual are a little vague about how many fuses, and where they are located. Are there more fuses that may cause a no or little charge condition?

The shop manual says this alternator is common to other applications? Honda cars I guess?

If the 3 fuses on the engine block are good, should I just pull the alternator and take it to the auto parts store to have it checked or ?

Thanks in advance.

Flakeys

Seaman
Re: Honda 130 not charging

There's a 90 amp fuse at the rear of the engine case which might be blown. Check it also. A spare is included in the cap.