Honda BF20 Oil Filter Part Number ????

aquaholic_

Cadet
can anyone tell me the part number for a 2006 honda bf20 four stroke oli filter? i don't care if it's honda or fram or whatever but i would prefer one that i could buy at an autoparts store. i just need to buy one.

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: Honda BF20 Oil Filter Part Number ????

You might want to bookmark this link.
Here you will find complete Honda OEM parts index, illustration, listing, part #'s and prices.

The only drawback is they ship slow.

Your local Honda "portable" lawnmowers etc., dealer can help you with the filter quickly.

http://www.boats.net/parts/honda.html

aquaholic_

Cadet

that was the first place i looked. i did check it again, but threre is still no listing that i can find for an oil filter for my motor. can anybody tell me the oil filter part number for a MODEL- BFP20D6LRTA and SERIAL NUMBER- BAMJ-1400184

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

part# 15400-pfb-004...around ten bucks8)

aquaholic_

Cadet

chief, based on some recent research, every time i find the 15400-PFB-004 oil filter it is listed as 25hp to 50hp. i have seen no website that lists that filter for a 20hp. whre did you find that info?

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I looked it up by your model number in the program we use to look up parts...it's called Partsmart8)

aquaholic_

Cadet

thanks brother. i'm going to order a few to keep onhand. i appreciate your effort.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I ran that serial number through the Honda dealer website and that number hasn't been warranty registered...just so ya' know8)

aquaholic_

Cadet

that doesn't surprise me in the least. it is good to know though. i bought it last august in goodrich michigan as part of a boat/motor/trailer package. i had to wait an extra 2 weeks for that particular motor. is warranty registering something that i should have done or something the dealer should have done?

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

the dealer should have done that for you..they are also supposed to start and run the motor in your presence during the delivery process8)