Tohatsu Electric Start kit for Manual 30 HP 4 stroke

Wavetimer

Recruit
I purchased an Electric starting kit to convert my manual start Tohatsu 30 hp outboard and they do not include directions. I have a repair manual with wiring and Component parts diagrams but I have a couple questions on installation.
The starter solennoid is not marked for the postive and negative leads, does it matter which side you attach each to? Starter motor installs with two long bolts with spacers, do spacers fit on outside (below) the motor when installed? purpose? The kit included a small wire jumper (12 or 14 guage) which I can not identify on wiring diagram, does anyone know where it goes?
Thanks
Ron

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu Electric Start kit for Manual 30 HP 4 stroke

Ron,

You need to contact the dealer that sold you the parts for assistance.

D

DJ

Yes, you need to contact the source for directions.

The starter solennoid is not marked for the postive and negative leads, does it matter which side you attach each to?

That's because only positive leads go to the solenoid. One lead +, from battery, goes to one side, the other side has a lead that goes to the starter.

The negative battery lead grounds to the engine block.

Wavetimer

Recruit

Thanks to all that replied.
I had purchased the kit on-line in Tenn., shipped from Tohatsu in Texas, directly to me in WI. That is why I asked for help on line and not from dealer. I thought that was what this forum was for. Sorry. I have figured out the assembly and it works fine. For those who may take on this project in the future. The following is what I discovered thru trial and error: The spacers are used to hold the rectifier away from the motor so Starter Motor will fit in the space. Two positive leads go to one side of the starter solenoid. They are from the battery and rectifier. The negative lead goes from the other side of the Solenoid to the starter motor. On the Solenoid there is also a smaller green wire that goes to the neutral switch and a smaller black wire that goes to the ground. The small black jumper that was extra and not needed for the installation. The rest was easy but you must obtain a service manual to read the marginal diagrams. Best regards Ron