2002 honda 8 hp, fuel pump question

imported_digger

Recruit
Got a honda 8 hp that appears to have a fuel pump problem. Tried to pull a vacuum on it and only holds about 1 in Hg. Pumped oil through it and then gas to try to clean out valves, and then temporarily held about 20 in Hg. Then back to pulling about 5 in Hg and then settling at 1 in Hg continuous. Is there a spec for the honda 8 hp (BF) fuel pump that would be available. The dealers in the easter WA area are clueless and just not interested in helping the consumer. "Bring it in and we'll fix it" is the answer. Thanks....Also, is there a mixture screw available, since in trying to adjust the mixture, I broke the thing off. I did drill it so I could back it out, and then I slotted it so I can use it, but it is so short it is hard to get hold of to clean carb, etc.

imported_digger

Recruit
Re: 2002 honda 8 hp, fuel pump question

digger said:
Got a honda 8 hp that appears to have a fuel pump problem. Tried to pull a vacuum on it and only holds about 1 in Hg. Pumped oil through it and then gas to try to clean out valves, and then temporarily held about 20 in Hg. Then back to pulling about 5 in Hg and then settling at 1 in Hg continuous. Is there a spec for the honda 8 hp (BF) fuel pump that would be available. The dealers in the easter WA area are clueless and just not interested in helping the consumer. "Bring it in and we'll fix it" is the answer. Thanks....Also, is there a mixture screw available, since in trying to adjust the mixture, I broke the thing off. I did drill it so I could back it out, and then I slotted it so I can use it, but it is so short it is hard to get hold of to clean carb, etc.

imported_digger

Recruit
Re: 2002 honda 8 hp, fuel pump question

EQ Marine on Whidbey Island provided the answer. Disconnect the output from the fuel pump, use the primer bulb to bring fuel to discharge from the fuel pump, start the engine, and if fuel flows, it is considered good. Thanks EQ Marined:)