Honda 7.5 lack of cooling water flow

jmkent

Recruit
Hi guys,
I've heard many great things about this forum, so hopefully you will be able to assist me.
My Honda outboard seems to be lacking in cooling water flow from the tell tale. It is an early 80s B75. I used it properly 6wks ago and it ran fine with a good flow. Started it 2-3wks ago and had a water flow but not as much as originally. When I came to use it yesterday there was almost no water flow from the tell tale just drips :$ obviously something has gone wrong recently.
Now I am thinking that either the tubes/pipes have become blocked by salt/marine growth (yes, kept in the outboard well so in water app. 16hrs per day). I have checked the tell tale and tubes on there and all seems to be clear. I haven't ventured any further. I haven't got any mechanical experience with outboards so am a little cautious as to start taking things apart without some guidance.
Do you agree with my thinking - buildup in the pipes? Is there anything I can do to them without having to dismantle the engine? Failing that, any advice on how to take it apart, or somewhere I could get a manual?
Your help gratefully received.

jmkent

Recruit
Re: Honda 7.5 lack of cooling water flow

This is now all fixed.... a good clean through with compressed air and a hose pipe did the trick.... and its running better than it did before.

NickRo44335

Recruit
Re: Honda BF75L Ser # 1300516 WHAT YEAR IS IT????

Re: Honda BF75L Ser # 1300516 WHAT YEAR IS IT????

I was given a HONDA BF75L 7.5 hp ? Ser # 1300516

Can anyone tell me what year the motor is?
I have cooling water problem, I dropped the lower unit and could not get the lower spline shaft apart to remove the impeller, is there anyone with a tip on how to get it apart?