How to add Power Tilt/Trim to Tohatsu 40C

I have a Tohatsu 40C on an F-13 (12 foot fiberglass speedboat) and I want to have power tilt/trim. As I get older reaching back to tilt the motor up is getting harder, and the first time out this year I hurt my shoulder.<br /><br />It looks like the 40C was never offered with power tilt/trim, but the higher HP, the 40D and other recent Tohatsu models offer power tilt/trim. Is there any combination of parts that can be fitted to the 40C to get power tilt/trim other than a 3rd party setback kit?

Re: How to add Power Tilt/Trim to Tohatsu 40C

I can't get a new shoulder so I'd better get a new motor...<br /><br />Do you have any guidance on what a 1996 Tohasu M40C in excellent condition is worth and where? <br /><br />Here in New England I get motor better prices on the phone not trading in the 40C. Tohatsu parts and service are all but non-existant here. My local dealers listed don't actually sell or service Tohatsu except the small ones OEM'd to Mercury, Johnson, Evinrude, etc.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Any 1996 40 hp, regardless of brand,...$300 to $1200.00. Almost all actual value is based on condition.

neebishis05

Cadet

Whatdidhesayhisnamewas....are you serious about selling your 40C, and do you still have it??

neebishis05... I still have it, but I expect that this isn't the appropriate forum for selling it. Any suggestions for a more appropriate venue would be welcome.

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

try checking out cmc trim units. I would think they could offer you an aftermarket unit.<br />javsam

neebishis05

Cadet

WhatDidHeSayHisNameWas...you can email me at <br />neebishis@sbcglobal.net