Old Honda BF75 Impeller problems

Essington

Recruit
I actually have two problems. The first is I'm looking for an impeller for my 7.5 horse Honda BF75 serial 1101864.<br /><br />The problem is that everywhere I look, the part that is recommended is 18-3245 (replacement for 19201-881-A01). This impeller has a D-shaped opening, but my motor has a shaft with a key. Does anyone have any idea which impeller (part number) actually fits my motor?<br /><br />My second problem is the key itself. the shaft doesn't have a groove, but rather has a hole, and the key has a little pin on the back side. The hole in the shaft is wallowed out so the pin easily twists out and wedges in the keyway of the impeller (breaking the impeller in the process). <br /><br />What is the best way to get this motor back into service? Is it reasonable to just grind a flat spot in the shaft to match the newer style impeller, tack weld the old pin to the shaft (I've got a mig with stainless wire), or is there another solution?<br /><br />I'm not particularly interested in spending a ton of money on this motor since it is probably due for replacement in another season or two, and it is just a kicker for my sailboat, so it really only sees about 8 hours of operation all season.

Essington

Recruit
Re: Old Honda BF75 Impeller problems

O.K. I opted for the quick and dirty repair ...<br />I filled the ovaled out hole and attached the key to the shaft with JB weld.<br />Then I repaired the impeller with epoxy. The blades on the impeller were fine, it was just the plastic inner body was cracked.<br /><br />With any luck, this will hold for another season.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Old Honda BF75 Impeller problems

correct impeller number is 19210-935-003 :cool: $26.88