30 hp Tohatsu

wreckless

Seaman
Thinking about buying a 30 hp Tohatsu o/b and know nothing about the brand. Are they reliable motors and are they made by Honda?

Pogo123

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 30 hp Tohatsu

VERY reliable. Tohatsu is their own company. They manufacture both Tohatsu and Nissan. Identical engines, just different name plates.

sajack

Recruit

I bought my Tohatsu 50 new in 1999 and have had absolutely no problems with it. I previously owned Mercury and Mariner outboards (not Tohatsus), but am now sold on Tohatsu.

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer

Mr. Wreckless-<br /><br />Use that big red "SEARCH" button at the top of the page and you will find a wealth of information. Tohatsu is a quiet company known for extraordinary durability and reliability. You may know little of Tohatsu/ Nissan, but you see some of their products wearing Mercury paint...

charles9888

Recruit

I am looking for a tohatsu 30hp short shaft tiller..for their great reputation and the power to weight ..for my back... and for my need for speed.I am wondering if their is a favored year and if there is a region of the country that is more likley to have available used ones.