Honda B100 cooling question

murrayw91

Cadet
My B100 has what appears to be good water flow but still over heats and seizes, the motor will not even pull. I can start it again after 20 minutes or so but it will seize up quickley.<br /><br />divebobber had a simillar post on 11-28 but i didn't see any conclusion.<br /><br />Any help would be great.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Honda B100 cooling question

Buy a new one! This one will soon eat itself even if you find the original problem.

pondhopper

Seaman Apprentice

I would check the thermostat. It sounds like it isn't opening up. Water flows past the thermostat when the engine is started. It then opens when the engine is heats up allowing the water to flow into the water jacket and cool the engine.<br />My two cents...<br /><br />Good luck

murrayw91

Cadet

Old Curmudgeon,<br /><br />What do mean by EAT ITSELF? <br />The over heating is caused by lack of oil, which is caused by the oil filter/screen being pluged up. Its pluged up by metal shavings.... Your coment made it sound like this has happened to you before? <br />Where did the metal come from? Can i replace the part/s that are going bad?

tommays

Admiral

The over heating is caused by lack of oil, which is caused by the oil filter/screen being pluged up. Its pluged up by metal shavings.... Your coment made it sound like this has happened to you before?
That does not sound like and overheating problem it sounds like a BIG internal problem <br /><br /><br />tommays

murrayw91

Cadet

Well i got around to working on this motor yesterday. I found that the T-stat was full of old inpeller and also frozen shut. <br />Took all the junk out and cleaned it up. Checked it in hot water and it opened.<br />I had the power head off and looked for metal shavings that the dealer told me were in the oil?? Nothing that you wouldn't find in any motor. Anyway I cleaned everything inside and out and put it back together. Started 4th pull and ran in a tank for 90 minutes. Never lost oil pressure or overheated. I stuck a magnet in the oil after running and found nothing!!!!<br /><br />Next step: FISHING

pondhopper

Seaman Apprentice

Sweet, good to hear! <br /><br />I hope it last a long time for ya.