Clogged h20 pump line 2005 4 stroke honda bf115 a5xa

ponyboy

Recruit
Troubleshooting to clear muck/ debris from line (currently water will not exit at all)– any suggestions would much be appreciated. Thanks.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Clogged h20 pump line 2005 4 stroke honda bf115 a5xa

May not be a clog. The debris may have ruined the water pump impeller. The lower unit must be dropped to replace it and at that time you can inspect for a clog.

Kanadakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Run Weed whacker string up through the hole as far as possible....see if that helps.<br /><br />Kid

ponyboy

Recruit

Got it fixed. I pulled the hose off at the drain hole and released the muck that was clogging it. Phewwwww, could have been worse.

VCL339

Recruit

Similiar problem on the same model. Went out fishing last night in the backish water and didn't pay attention to whether if the motor was peeing. The motor was running fine. Tried to flush it this morning and noticed it didn't pee. Any idea on how to fix it? Thanks!

I am not a mechanic, but it is my belief that the small restricting orifice at the end of the tell tale line is unnecessary. The only thing that it accomplishes, IMHO, is catching sand particles, setting up a "log jam" in the tell tale hose. Once the orifice is clogged it is just a short time later and the entire tell tale hose is packed solid with sand.

I have removed the tell tale restricting orifice off of my motor and replaced the tell tale hose with a longer, thicker hose (with the same inside diameter). At the original position of the tell tale orifice I cut a circumferential groove in the new, thicker hose so that I could secure it in the cowling opening. To give me a way to pull the thicker hose through the cowling opening I cut the end of the hose at an angle so that I could grab the end with a needle nose pliers and pull the hose through to the circumferential groove.

It works great. My tell tale never clogs, even after grinding mud and sand with my outboard jet.

My engine runs cool. I did a full season with my jet unit in silty, sandy rivers and never overheated the engine. At the end of the season I rebuilt the water pump using a factory water pump kit. It was good insurance which I accomplished when I had the jet off for annual maintenance.