Convert Tohatsu 9.8 43cycle remote to Tiller

buffaloman

Recruit
Is 3V1S630030 (handle assembly) the only part needed to do this? Anytyhing needed for the shifter?

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Convert Tohatsu 9.8 43cycle remote to Tiller

Are you trying to convert a 9.8 4-stk to a handtiller?

buffaloman

Recruit

Trying to convert 9.8 4stk from a remote to a handtiller. Yes.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

There are nine additional parts you need to convert it.

buffaloman

Recruit

The hand tiller assembly has been backordered for six weeks from my local Tohatsu dealer.Suggest anyone who has one?

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

I'll be happy to help you locate one. Please contact me directly at elvind@inter....

buffaloman

Recruit

Originally posted by INTERNETOUTBOARDS:<br /> I'll be happy to help you locate one. Please contact me directly at elvind@inter....
Elvin, Hard to believe. After two months my dealer received all of the parts he thought he needed. He called me on thetwisted pair and said he did not think the 9.8 Tohatsu could be converted to a tiller. Reason was greek to me.<br />He called whoever he got the parts from and they said they were sending him some brackets but they were not sure the 9.8 could be converted to a tiller. Does not anybody at Tohatsu know anything about this? Have you ever converted one of these? Buffaloman<br />Reminds me of the government at work.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Your dealer didn't contact anyone at Tohatsu...He just does not know what he is doing. As I stated previously, there are additional parts needed. He just needs to learn how to use a parts book. :)

buffaloman

Recruit

He got it done. They shipped him a handle assembly with no part number accompanying it. It fit. Unbelievable.