WATER IN ENGINE OIL

BASS4U

Recruit
I own a 1998 Honda, 90 Horsepower outboard, 4 stroke. Model # BF90 ATLRTA, Serial # 1007073. It has 535 hours on it, and until this year has had no problems. I'm now getting water in the engine oil and filter after only "10 minutes" of running. Enough water to millkshake the oil.<br />Engine has not overheated, still runs good. Thermostat, head gasket and oil pan gasket have been replaced. Head was pressure checked and oil pan was shaved. Spent $1,000.00 at a Honda certified boat repair with no results!<br /><br />ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

MajBach

Chief Petty Officer
Re: WATER IN ENGINE OIL

I cant help you with this but - I have the same motor - I would like to know how you became aware of this problem. In other words, what prompted you to check the oil? Were there other symptoms?

BASS4U

Recruit
Re: WATER IN ENGINE OIL

It started to idle bad, not real bad, still had full power, but it had never idled bad before. That's when I started to "fiddle" around with it and decided to check the oil. So, if yours happens to start idling bad, you may want to check the oil. Hope this was a little bit of helpful information. <br />Thanks!