Honda BF100 stalls w/ cover on

Status
Not open for further replies.

earle419

Recruit
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the year of a Bf100 the # is BF1100064, and also if I have the cover off the engine will run really good, but w/ the cover on it seems like it has no power then stalls. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

FishyFun

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Honda BF100 stalls w/ cover on

Check your fuel hoses, your probably pinching one when you put the cover back on. Also check the wiring for pinching.<br /><br />lee

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Honda BF100 stalls w/ cover on

Sounds like the exhaust system has a leak that is causing the problem. The exhaust is starving the engine for oxygen. When the cover is off, the problem goes away.<br />Backlash

Groger

Recruit
I have the same problem with my BF100. All gas lines are fine, nothing is in the way of the cover when I put it on and as soon as I put it on the engine stalls in the same way as pulling the choke. All the air ports in the frame are free of any obstructions. I disassembled the carb and cleaned it all out. Everything is pristine. I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the fuel pump filter. I have run out of ideas to fix this Outboard. Without a cover it runs as it did when new. Help!!!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If cowl has a rear hollow base like to put fingers in to remove or tilt engine check that air intake is unobstructed ?

Happy Boating

ahicks

Captain
I had an 85 hp Johnson that was doing that a long time ago. Took me forever to figure that one out. It turned out to be an exhaust leak as well.

The exhaust fills the area under the hood, forcing the carb(s) to suck in a high percentage of air that's already been burnt once. The engine doesn't really care for that plan, and doesn't run worth a darn.

Look for traces of exhaust smoke in the areas normally covered by the cowl.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same problem with my BF100. All gas lines are fine, nothing is in the way of the cover when I put it on and as soon as I put it on the engine stalls in the same way as pulling the choke. All the air ports in the frame are free of any obstructions. I disassembled the carb and cleaned it all out. Everything is pristine. I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the fuel pump filter. I have run out of ideas to fix this Outboard. Without a cover it runs as it did when new. Help!!!

I have run out of ideas why a 13 years thread suddenly has a new post and replies. Please start a new thread of your own.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.