Honda BF45A Remote Control- Buzzer

cbeeer

Cadet
In the owners manual it states that "The green oil pressure indicator light turns off and the buzzer sounds when the oil level is low and/or the engine lubrication system is faulty. The engine speed slows down gradually". My oil light comes on and the beeper is on while the engine is running fairly good. What the heck is the problem.?<br />Also, what mechanical part causes the motor to slow down. ?<br /><br />Please help.<br />Thanks<br />Leonard

robards

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Honda BF45A Remote Control- Buzzer

It depends on the sound of the buzzer. A solid sounding buzzer could indicate a oil pressure or overheat problem. That is what the lights are for to see which one it might be. If there is a red light on above the green light then it may be an overheat problem or the motor "thinks" it's over heating, causing the "brain", ECM or ECU, to cut the engine back electronically not mechanically.

cbeeer

Cadet

Originally posted by robards:<br /> It depends on the sound of the buzzer. A solid sounding buzzer could indicate a oil pressure or overheat problem. That is what the lights are for to see which one it might be. If there is a red light on above the green light then it may be an overheat problem or the motor "thinks" it's over heating, causing the "brain", ECM or ECU, to cut the engine back electronically not mechanically.

cbeeer

Cadet

Your reply is appreciated and I think it makes a lot of sense. The red light never comes on. When I run the engine in a barrel or with muffs it idles well for about 20-30 minutes and gradually slows down, Water is pumping freely.The engine feels warm but not hot. Sometimes the buzzer does not sound at all. When it does, it is intermittant.<br />I appreciate any tips you may provide.

robards

Seaman Apprentice

I have seen a few that had an consistent intermittent buzzer, about one second on and one second off, and it turned out to be a short in the over tilt protection. What I did to fix it was disconnect the yellow with blue or green tracer, which one I can’t remember green I think, behind the black electrical cover, and the problem went away. It is not needed anyway because most skinny water people have to trim it way out to get in and out in my area, and I have found that it doesn’t affect any other part of the engine. <br /><br />Hope this helps…

cbeeer

Cadet

Thanks again. I read the shop manual and it mentioned that the buzzer would sound if the <br />tilt protection was out of adjustment. I was <br />leaning toward the problem being oil pressure.<br />I have not been able to find an oil pressure tester locally and am still searching for that.<br />If your tip is right about the wires on the tilt protection, this may solve my problem. Thanks again. I will keep in touch.