1980's Honda BF75 * horse motor Water Leak

chapnick

Recruit
I hope someone can help me with this... I have a Four Stroke 8 Horse motor which runs great but it is squirting water out from where the oil dipstick tube body mounts to the side of the motor filling my oil pan with water... Could this be the Head Gasket? I can not figure out where else the water could be comming from. Thanks ...... :confused:

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1980's Honda BF75 * horse motor Water Leak

Replace the o ring seal between that fill spout body and the block.To do this you will need to remove the powerhead.This kind of failure usually occurs after a substantial overheat.Is there something else we need to know?

chapnick

Recruit
Re: 1980's Honda BF75 * horse motor Water Leak

You know the guy I got it from did say that the impeller or pump what have you did go out, and it got hot! I got the service manual from honda and that O-Ring Gasket. the bolts can not be removed as I found out... Allmost enough room but not enough without taking the powerhead off. Anyway I could not see why water would flow that area with the oil right there so I was shy about doing all that work if it was the head or whatever... Thanks, Rob

theonlycliff

Recruit
I have this exact issue. I just bought what appears to be a 1983 and it is leaking water from behind the oil port. So I need to know how to take it apart to get to it any help would be appreciated thank you.