Tohatsu 90 tldi average cost for 2 year service?

jshoes52

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My tldi has 80 hours and going into its third season. I think it's time to for service: change water pump, check fuel and oil filters, change air pump belt, and anything else that needs to be checked/replaced. I'd do this myself as I have changed water pumps before, but since this is the last year under warranty, I feel like I should take it back to my Tohatsu dealer. ( He said he'd never see me again when I drove out of the yard with the new motor installed). I also am a little leery about messing with the oil filter and getting air into the lines.<br /><br />Does this sound like a comprehensive list of items to service, has anyone had their tldi serviced yet, and what are the expected costs of the service? <br /><br />Thanks

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tohatsu 90 tldi average cost for 2 year service?

I dont know if I would take it to Kenny or just do it myself, he told me the same when I bought my motor- no services were required. I have just about 80 hours on my 40 hp now and this is going to be my second year with it. To be honest I dont know if he really likes to service them!

jshoes52

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tohatsu 90 tldi average cost for 2 year service?

John, I sthink I'll just stop in some day and ask him. I hate to call him because I've been there and have seen him trying to work in between phone calls. Have you ever seen the mahogany speed boats he builds in the back room? He showed me one when I bought my motor.<br /><br />Stripers arrive the 45th of this month!