1993 8hp honda

C-RAVEN

Seaman
How do i adjust the fuel mixture correctly<br />on my 8 hp honda ?<br />there are 2 adjustments, one for idle speed the other for mixture.<br />somehow it got out of whack, and i want to get it<br />back to normal again.<br />also is there an element in the air intake to clean?<br /><br />thanks

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1993 8hp honda

What is this engine not doing that you want it to?How is it running bad?How did those screws get out of whack or are they even the source of this delema?There is no element to be concerned with as is the case with most marine equipment.

C-RAVEN

Seaman

the motor started running rough, and i tried adjusting the mixture( mistake)<br />i then replaced the plugs and it ran ok for a while<br />but i think i screwed up the mixture.<br />funny thing, whenever i remove the cowl, it<br />starts running ok.<br />when i replace it it runs rough and dies. <br />Any ideas?

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi C-Raven, it sounds like you have the famous hole in your exhaust pipe, with the cowling on the leaking exhaust is fouling up the fresh air flow to the carb, remove the cowling and ta---da, fresh air engine runs good.<br />Feel free to phone me if you like 514-5272, parts are cheap time wise its about 2 hours for me, cant say for you, but it is an easy fix, if this is the problem.<br />Cheers

C-RAVEN

Seaman

Glen, would you be able to help me out with the part number for the "o" ring seal, i believe i have the other numbers ok .<br /><br />Head gasket 12251881850 <br />exhaust pipe 18201881741 <br />flange gasket 18211881850 <br />" O" ring seal ??? <br /><br />Thanks, Scott

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry dont have the number at home here, if your buying the parts from S&G, Bill should be able to get the number of the o-ring for you, being a static seal your old one, maybe okay, I just replace them as routine. Dont forget to make sure the camshaft has not turned & #1 is still TDC when you re-install that belt.<br />P.S. Are you in sales or shipping at your shop?

C-RAVEN

Seaman

I am in purchasing, we have 5 buyers who look after<br />buying for 19 stores<br /><br />thanks for all the good advice. will let you know how i manage with the exhaust.<br /><br />Scott

C-RAVEN

Seaman

glen, you won't beleive this but the <br />3 parts, exhaust pipe, head gasket and flange gasket<br />were $120.00 plus taxes<br /><br />they came in a large envelope !<br /><br />what a burn....

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I looked up the last time i did this job,100 bucks we charged for parts.<br />How did you make out? We are vey busy now & I kinda forgot about this forum