URGENT. Tohatsu lower unit

WogsRus

Recruit
Hi i was wondering if somone could tell me the differance between a lower unit to suit a tohatsu M50D2 and a M50D. I have a M50D2 2004 model and i need a lower end unit case after a log colided with mine. I have an oppertunity to purchase one but this is what it states<br /><br />" NISSAN TOHATSU GEAR CASE # NC860-0000M 3C860-0000M <br />A NISSAN TOHATSU GEAR CASE IT IS FROM A TOHATSU 1996 TOHATSU M40D SER# 41445 3C8 IT WILL WORK ON BOTH TOHATSU AND NISSAN MOTORS. FITS NISSAN MOTORS NS40D AND NS50D. AND TOHATSU MOTORS M40D AND M50D. IT COMES WITH PROP SHAFT AND CARRIER "<br /><br />Would this fit my motor and what is the differance between them if any. I Need a reply within 24 hours PLEASE if posible and thnaks in advance to the anwsers.

WogsRus

Recruit
Re: URGENT. Tohatsu lower unit

so i'm safe to purchase this one and it will fit and so forth ?<br /><br />What is the differance between a M50D2 and a M50D mototr anyway?<br /><br />thanks

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: URGENT. Tohatsu lower unit

The timiming link arms are different on the powerhead. If the lower unit is the right shaft length, is for a D or D2 and there is nothing wrong with it...it will fit.