Honda 25 Choke

bndfishing247

Recruit
I have a 1995 Honda 25hp with remote steering and the Honda controls. Lately I have had an intermittent and getting more troublesome electric choke problem. When I lift the high idle to "choke" nothing happens, some of the time. This is usually the case 1st thing in the morning or after sitting on anchor all day. I have a new battery with a full charge. How do I start to diagnose if it is the solenoid on the motor or in the controls?<br />Thanks

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda 25 Choke

Several possiblities here ,but to start with I would focus on your choke linkage at the engine.Look at the solenoid and you will see a nylon swivel that connects it to the linkage.Snap the clamp off from around the wire looking thing at end of the solenoid plunger and remove it from the swivel and be prepared for a little swearing when you are trying to reassemble this little invention.Then operate the choke .If the plunger moves in nicely in a snappy manner then look at your linkage.It should operate effortlessly and snap back immediately when released.That ought to get you started.