Honda BF100 1980 water check pipe (pee hole)

pondhopper

Seaman Apprentice
The water on my Honda is not coming out like it should. When it is idling, it dribbles out and at full throttle it DOES increases stream presure but still doesn't stream stong. The water is pretty hot when it's coming out. (I'm not familiar with boat motors and don't know if it should be luke warm or boiling) I've notice a few people have had this smae type of problem. Before I tear into everything what should I check first? Also, is there a easy way to pull out the water intake screen/filter. It seem a little plugged (not bad).<br />One more thing, has anyone order the gaskets for the the gear oil drain and level bolts over the internet? If so, where did you get them and how did you figure out the part number.<br /><br />Thanks,

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda BF100 1980 water check pipe (pee hole)

You are due for a water pump inspection which is a regular maintenance item.Plug seals are 90507 921 000.

pondhopper

Seaman Apprentice

Well, I finally got around to checking the impeller. It was shreaded. Luckily I was able to find all the pieces.(if you don't you run a chance of plugging up the water jacket, find those parts!!!) I purchased parts from my local Honda dealer. FYI, a BF100 and a BF8A are the same thing. The impeller and gaskets fit great!<br />If anyone installs a new impeler you will need to disconnect the shift rod to drop the lower unit. It's a little trickey putting back together, but if I can do it, you can. <br /><br />Good luck. The BF100 is running like a champ now!!!

DAB1937

Recruit

What is the diaphragm water pump on the 10HP Honda B100 for?