Honda B100 Ignition Coil And Wires Discontinued

steadyj_17

Cadet
hello there i have a B100 honda 10 horse and have a bad coil and have tried several other used ones and they all seem to be bad as well. does anyone have anyideas on this. like example im sure another type of coil would work but im not sure myself what. it has breaker points and they have been changed along with the stater so its simply the coil breaking down once it gets warm help with getting a new one or one that will work would be great as i live in Ontario Canada and Walleye fishing is just getting good.<br /><br />Thanks Jeff

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda B100 Ignition Coil And Wires Discontinued

If you have swapped out all these coils and your situation has not improved, why are you still looking at the coil?What symptoms are you trying to overcome?Setting that set of points involves not only a feeler guage ,but a timeing light.Timed properly these are the sweetest engines Honda has made.

GeorgeA

Recruit

If you have swapped out all these coils and your situation has not improved, why are you still looking at the coil?What symptoms are you trying to overcome?Setting that set of points involves not only a feeler guage ,but a timeing light.Timed properly these are the sweetest engines Honda has made.

I HAVE A HONDA 100 9.9 HP,CAN NOT FIND A COIL PART NUMBER 30540-881-004 OR 30540-881-004 COULD A HONDA MOTORCYCLE COIL WORK ? ANY HELP PLEASE GeorgeA

capartsgal

Recruit

hello there i have a B100 honda 10 horse and have a bad coil and have tried several other used ones and they all seem to be bad as well. does anyone have anyideas on this. like example im sure another type of coil would work but im not sure myself what. it has breaker points and they have been changed along with the stater so its simply the coil breaking down once it gets warm help with getting a new one or one that will work would be great as i live in Ontario Canada and Walleye fishing is just getting good.<br /><br />Thanks Jeff

Just an FYI honda has now brought back making the ignition coils that work with the bf100 and bf75

capartsgal

Recruit

I HAVE A HONDA 100 9.9 HP,CAN NOT FIND A COIL PART NUMBER 30540-881-004 OR 30540-881-004 COULD A HONDA MOTORCYCLE COIL WORK ? ANY HELP PLEASE GeorgeA

Honda is making the coil again. It is no longer discontinued. Available from your honda outboard dealers