Honda B100 Top Plug Fouls Up

steadyj_17

Cadet
i have a b100 Honda that seems to run great wide open but not so great at idle. i have checked the plugs and found that even after running it wide open the top plug is black while the other plug seems fine. i have cleaned the carb, put new breaker points in and everything else needed for a tune up. now im wondering if changing the plug wires and coil will help or if there is something inside maybe wrong. it is just weird to me cause it starts up and will run but the top plug isn't burning right and that causes problems for trolling at all casue its black and wants to quit. help for this would be great as i have run out of idea other then changing the coil and wires. :confused:

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Honda B100 Top Plug Fouls Up

Adjust your valves then do at least a compression test and ideally a leakdown test and see how those numbers compare between the cylinders.The valve adjustment alone may solve your problem.

steadyj_17

Cadet
Re: Honda B100 Top Plug Fouls Up

im not quite sure how to adjust the valves but i did a compression test and it seemed ok. i followed the repair manual but the highest i got was 135psi on both and it says it should be 151psi. could you give me a little bit more on how to adjust valves and a leakdown test. as i have a manual and would like to do as much of the work myself if possible before i take it to someone. thanks