HONDA BF 50 IMPELLER PROBLEM ???

kenwitt

Seaman Apprentice
OK I HAVE NEW IMPELLER, LINER & HOUSING .. VANES ARE CLOCKWISE AS SHAFT TURNS CW WHEN PROP GOING FWD.. PEE TUBE IS CLEAR.. IMPELLER PROPERLY SEATED ON THE KEY.. HAD THE VANES CCW AND GOT A SMALL WEEPING DOWN THE SIDE NO STREAM.. GENTLY POKED A WIRE IN THE PEE HOLE.. GOES IN ABOUT 1-1/2" SEAMS TO HIT SOMETHING SOFT ??<br /><br />PLENTY OF WATER ON MICKEY EARS .. THIRD WATER GRID TAPED CLOSED..<br /><br />NEED HELP PLEASE .. DISCOURAGED KEN TX

rowbards

Cadet
Re: HONDA BF 50 IMPELLER PROBLEM ???

Have you tried pulling the hose off the pee hole and blowing compressed air through it?

Skinnywater

Commander

Or, remove the cowling. <br />There is a rubber hose that goes to the telltail nozzle. The rubber hose connects to a brass nipple. That brass nipple has clogged a couple of times on mine.<br />So far I've been able to unplug it with a piece of wire.<br />The nipple can be unscrewed if it's needed.<br />Just be careful not to overtighten it when you reinstall it.

kenwitt

Seaman Apprentice

TX guys ... for the record used air hose and water hose on the water tube.. running good after wire poking.. could not remove nipple !!!!had new deep socket.. no go!!!<br /><br />tx ken