Nissan tilt/trim. Switching from power to manual problem.

oregonducker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
2002 Nissan model NS40D2 ser. #50777<br />There is a screw on the side to switch the power trim to manual. If the motor is up and I turn it to manual it will drop down on it's own. The problem is I can't raise it back up in manual mode. Am I supposed to be able to lift it or is it just a way to get the motor down if you don't have power?

45_red

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Nissan tilt/trim. Switching from power to manual problem.

The manual release valve should open the hydraulics both directions. Did you back it out three full turns? Don't force it to turn to far. Did all the problems on this motor exist when you bought it?

oregonducker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I initially backed it out all the way but couldn't raise the motor by hand so I had my friend put a steady pull on it while I turned the screw all the way in and back out again. It never would move. I only discovered this the day I had the electrical problem being talked about in my other post. Never needed to put it in manual before. This is the only problem I've had with it so far. There is another nissan 40 being talked about right now so I suppose it looks like I'm having more problems than I really am.

oregonducker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just sending this back to the top to see what happens.