Tohatsu 40hp, Bent prop shaft?

james082273

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I bought a new 40 tiller last December and a few weeks ago wacked something with my prop. It kind of curled one of the blades under a little and I didn't really think much about it. I had put a Solas prop on it which is the one that got dinged so I put the original back on. I didn't notice any change as far as vibrations go from the day I bought it. <br /><br />Well I got my new Husler prop from iboats the other day and before I put it on I noticed the prop shaft had a slight wobble to it when I spinned it. I could see the seal kind of moving with the wobble but it wasn't leaking. <br /><br />I just wonder if it came that way or did that accident I had actually bend the shaft? I hear all the time how tough these tohatsus are and I find it hard to believe that little impact bent the shaft. I had a 9.9 rude that went through about 3 props during it's life and I never once hurt the shaft.<br /><br />I don't think it's serious enough to drop everthing and have it fixed or anything but is this something I can do myself? Does it take special tools to remove the prop shaft? <br /><br />I have read some posts about having them straighten but I really don't know if that is an option. <br /><br />Any experience in this is greatly appreciated!