Honda BF75 (7.5) will not idle

scottrphillips

Recruit
My older 1981 Honda 7.5 starts OK but after warming up, she stalls if I try to turn the choke off with the throttle in Idle. I tried turning the choke off with the throttle up and she will run (fast) as long as I don't reduce the throttle to Idle. <br /><br />Any ideas on what maybe wrong?<br /><br />I tried adjusting the air screw between 1.5 to 2.5 out...no effect. <br /><br />Could it be electrical? The oil light stays on as normal, until after it dies.

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Honda BF75 (7.5) will not idle

When is the last time that you had the carb off for a rebuild. Sounds to me like it is time to pull it and give it a good cleaning.

Jeff Pinney

Recruit
Re: Honda BF75 (7.5) will not idle

My early 70's B75 had an exhaust leak in the lower leg exhaust pipe seal...allowed exhaust to enter under the cover and soon after putting the cover on it would stall/not idle. Does yours run ok with the cover off and then runs crappy when you put the cover on?? Just a thought, could be your problem...weird but I could see no smoke/fumes signs under the cover but it just was not getting enough O2 to run right. I replaced that seal and runs like new..cover on or off.