Honda BF75 / BF100 manual reference

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer
I found a 84 service manual for Honda BF75 / BF100 with serial numbers 1000004 and subsequent.

Re: Honda BF75 / BF100 manual reference

trollhole can you find the page that shows how to get the exhaust pipe out.and what i need to take apart. <br /><br /> thanks tom calverley :)

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry JB I was only trying to help people who may not be able to afford buying a manual or just need some technical help to get them out of a bind when time is an issue. And I if Honda really wants to come after me for sending someone a few pages of a 1984 outboard manual then let them! Bring it on! I have no problem not buying any of their products which I bet will cost them a lot more more in the long run. I could see this as an issue if it were a 90's or 2000's model motor but since they choose to discontinue a majority of these parts for these old motors we are forced to do a lot of the work and fabrication to them ourselves. And I don't consider what I wrote as advertising I look at it as helping. But you are the ADMIN take it anyway you want I really don't care. I like this forum and will continue to post any help I can as long as I'm breathing. And I will try to stick to the rules. And you can count on my smarta** being at the next IBOATs roundup. :D The wedding and honeymoon are over. It's back to fishing. :)

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Tom just e-mail me and I'll see what I can do without going to JAIL. LOL :p <br /><br />marshall_shepherd@msn.com

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, TH.<br /><br />Your motives are clearly honorable, but your rationales don't wash.<br /><br />The notion that someone who has hundreds, probably thousands of bux in a boat can't afford $35 for a manual, much less to go to a library is poppycock.<br /><br />Your host, iboats, is in the business of selling manuals. To come into iboats place of business and offer to steal the information so that someone "doesn't need to" buy one is not only illegal and unethical, it is incredibly bad manners.<br /><br />Whether or not Honda chooses to prosecute is completely irrelevant. Getting away with stealing does not alter the fact that it is stealing.<br /><br />Tom can legally make copies at a library.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

I doubt any of you could make heads or tails out of a Honda factory manual anyway.

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Wana bet! Wait that is probably illegal too! LOL<br /><br />Just poking fun. :D <br /><br />And JB. I don't know what kind of libraries they have around where you live in TEXAS but here in one of the biggest towns in SC the main library doesn't carry books like that. And if they did they wouldn't stick around very long.<br /><br />I'll make a deal with you. I won't post any pictures or content from it on this website. But I will read it and try to explain it in my own words to anyone who needs help. Which is probably what most of the people do on this site. I doubt most of us can remember every spec on all the motors covered on this site. ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Paraphrasing is perfectly okay, TH. <br /><br />As long as you don't copy the documents you don't violate copyright. You may explain what it says or shows without limitation. I think you are right; most of us use manuals to get some of the information we offer.<br /><br />There is no "deal" to be made, there is only the law to honor.<br /><br />Both of the small town libraries near here have reference sections where Outboard Service manuals may be used and pages copied. One of them allows these Manuals to be borrowed. <br /><br />My hometown library in Southern Pines, NC did the same. There probably isn't an old Manual there that I didn't check out at least once 50 to 60 years ago. I can't imagine a town or county library not doing the same.