Honda 10HP B100 stops running after it warms up

SpokaneDan

Recruit
I have an older Honda blue and white 10HP B100. It will run until warm then lightly smoke (blue)just before dying. If you pump the fuel bulb it will recover and run for about 5 minutes. the fuel pump appeared to not be working so I replaced it and all of the fuel lines, but the problem still exists. The fuel pump will pump great when cold but as the motor heats up and/or you increase the rpm's the amount of fuel decreases to the point of almost stopping. I tried a different fuel tank and line with the same result. It also does not seem to have as much power as it used to either. Any suggestions?

fishnclips

Recruit
Re: Honda 10HP B100 stops running after it warms up

Sounds like it is time for a carb rebuild.

SpokaneDan

Recruit

Does anyone have any other ideas besides rebuilding the carb?

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

You will need to determine the overall internal health of this engine with a leakdown test,or at least a compression test at wide open.Valve adjustment can cause these syptoms ,but usually will cause hard starting first.Any water in the fuel?

SpokaneDan

Recruit

I did not see any water in the fuel, But their seemed to be oil on the wrong side of the diaphragm.(this is a new fuel pump) What should the compression be?

gss036

Commander

Blue smoke is from oil burning. Black is from fuel. Check your compression, sound like you have oil getting into the carb/combustion chamber.

marinewolverine

Recruit

hello there!!!<br />This in not to help you out, but to ask another question: I did not know what kind of motor I had until I read your question and I realized that I have a 10 hp. The only thing I had was the serial #.<br />My motor does not suck up water and its overheating and I was told to replace the impeller but I dont know how to, Where can I find out some kind of diagram about this motor?.<br /> If you can help it will be great.<br />thanks before hand

davyd

Recruit
I recently got a Honda 20 hp 4 stroke outboard that has some issues, one is it has problem starting then when it eventually starts and runs for short while it shuts off.what do you think is causing this problem?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I recently got a Honda 20 hp 4 stroke outboard that has some issues, one is it has problem starting then when it eventually starts and runs for short while it shuts off.what do you think is causing this problem?

What's causing this problem is you should start a new thread with your question. This one is 11 years old and not even your motor. Thanks and Merry Christmas.