Tohatsu M15C Stuck lower unit

BassKiller

Recruit
I just bought a used Tohatsu 15 Hp, It runs great but and I want it to last several more years so I got a new impeller. The current one seems to be doing a good job. After removing the shift pin and the 4 nuts on the lower unit I was unable to break the it free . Tried banging,prying with wood and hammer and wedging items between the bolts and fins. Any Ideas ? :confused:

Salmon Tub

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Tohatsu M15C Stuck lower unit

Looked in my book and if understand correctly, there is a 5th bolt. It might be hidden either under the trim tab, or the water plate. I have an 18 which is the same, but I don't remember and I don't have the book in front of me as I write this, but don't force anything until you can confirm this. You can call Marubeni Eng. Corp. in Texas, their Tech. Support should be able to help. You can find their number on the Nissan/Tohatsu web site. Good Luck.

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am with Salmon Tub, look under the trim tab, or some have a stud with a nut on top front of the lower unit.

BassKiller

Recruit

Thanks for the help, I ordered a manual for it. If i'm going to keep it for a while it might come in handy.