honda head

slufff

Cadet
I am having a head reworked,(magnaflux,leveled,valves ground and seats reworked)an there was a bad headbolt that someone had replaced with a short 7/16 auto headbolt. I was able to use helexcoil to renew the block to accept standard honda head bolt but I am concerned with a small amount of pitting arround the repaired bolt hole. Is there a high temp gasket sealent that I should use with the head gasket install. thanks in advance sluff

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: honda head

It would be nice to know where we are starting from.

slufff

Cadet

sorry hondon, I had swaped a yamahaa 70 i had rebuilt for a 50a honda and the person had replaced the head gasket because of water in the oil. They had used an auto head bolt (7/16) that was forced into the head. I was able to repair the block with a helixcoil and go back to standerd size honda head bolt.<br />Ther is a small pitted area arround the head bolt That was bad and as honda uses a complete metal head gasket I was questioning if there may be a recomended sealent for a gasket install.<br />appreciate any input you may have.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

There is no sealer reguired with that gasket .We are not there to see the damage so only you can tell us how comfortable you are putting this thing together with this damage.Some high temp LOCTITE might help you ,or it might not.Good luck.