Thanks everyone (fixed Tohatsu tell tale sprying)

tenacrewoods

Cadet
I pulled lower unit and found impeller to be in new condition,so I put it all back together.Put motor down in barrel fired it up, no water at all this time.Discussed and not sure what to do I went to t-stat,found it to be coroded and stuck almost closed so I left it out and put cover back on and fired up again(knowing I'd just found my problem)still no water.Ticked off mostly at my self I drained barrel,raised motor and pulled lower unit one more time.When I removed impeller cover I noticed there was no wooddrift key,now felling really stupid I looked all around my work area(back porch of my shop)didn't find it anywhere,I must have blew it out the first time when I used air hose to blow out little dirt and grease and clean up.So friday afternoon I start calling around to find key.The nearest Tohatsu dealer is 35 miles away said he should have t-stat and key so I jump in car and when I get there I wait thrity minutes for customer ahead of me Just to find out he doesn't have parts.On the way home I stopped at two other service centers (not Tohatsu)and they couldn't help.By this time I'd drove 85 miles and three hours,it's now 4:30 and I knew I'd have to wait till Monday.I arrived back home really discussed over blowing away key,Off porch in a foot of grass so I started pulling up grass thinking I'd never find a peice of metal 1/16x3/4 in all that grass.After pulling up about three square feet,there it was laying in dirt I could't beleive it,Ijumped for joy.Well I put it back together (right this time) and it runs like new again,good steady stream.<br /> Thank Everone Again!<br /><br /> Mike E

tenacrewoods

Cadet
Re: Thanks everyone (fixed Tohatsu tell tale sprying)

Sorry! I noticed I can't spell spraying either.<br /> Thank Again!<br /> Mike E

Mumblerone

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Thanks everyone (fixed Tohatsu tell tale sprying)

I'll bet you think things like that only happen to you? (Join the Club) :p