Honda Alternator power...which wire?

Dave Sellers

Recruit
I just bought a new Scout 155 Sportfish with a Honda 50hp fourstroke with power trim/tilt. I am trying to locate a wire from the alternator within the motor housing that I can run to my battery isolator so that I can charge both my main and trolling batteries. The schematic in the owners manual indicates a white wire coming from the regulator and going to the main fuse and then to the (+) terminal on the starter motor is the wire I am looking for but when I hooked it up to my isolator, I lost my power trim! My isolator has three posts, one marked "A" for alternator, and then a post for battery #1 and another for battery # 2. Does anyone here on this site have experience with such an obscure question so specific to Honda Fourstrokes? I'd sure appriciate the help!!!<br /><br />Best regards,<br /><br />Dave

nicko

Cadet
Re: Honda Alternator power...which wire?

The isolator units you mention only work well on 100+HP motors due to lack of alternator output. Yours puts out 10A and I personally would not bother. But thats my two cents.

nicko

Cadet

The isolator units you mention only work well on 100+HP motors due to lack of alternator output on the smaller units. Yours puts out 10A (at full throttle)and I personally would not think it will make much difference. But thats my two cents.

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Dave,<br />I don't know the answer.<br />The isolaters we use have a switch to put your full charge power into one battery or<br />the other.<br />good luck<br />corm