Honda BF15A - Intermitten no spark

Kirby Copter

Recruit
Have an issue where BF15A will start and run great and then next time will only crank with no spark. Similar issue as the following from a previous posted forum below. Have had previously repaired (was told there was a break in one of the wires in the harness) but the issue continues. I just started with ears twice, run great, put in the water and engine would only crank. Can anyone assist or know what the issue was on the forum below from Jan 2013?
Originally posted by GMRodriguez View Post
I'm experiencing the same problem with my Honda BF15. Where you able to determine what was causing the no spark condition?

No. I just triple-checked all connections and fiddled with things and wiggled things to make sure everything was tight, seated correctly, etc., and it started. I still suspect there's something going on, though, because despite starting great most of the time once or twice it wouldn't start. Then mysteriously it would start just fine a short time later.

ahicks

Captain
Had a similar problem with a 40hp Johnson. I messed with that thing until I was ready to blow it up - 3 years! Very frustrating! It would start and run fine all day 10 times, but then it wouldn't. I went over every inch of every wire in the wiring harness looking for a broken or bare wire shorting against something. FINALLY, it quit completely. Turned out it was the power pack. Just sayin....