130 honda 4-stroke

donaldmorgan59

Recruit
just joined today sent mssg to somebody,tried to post, and now trying anything...looking for trouble shooting thoughts..think my 130 is 04 bought used,it is using alot of oil,there is no sign of leaks anywhere took off lower unit nothing there..it starts and runs fine idles no problem,thought valves sticking took cover off and turned over,they all moved..went 130 miles used 2 qts oil and 23 gal gas,but going back home used about same amount gas but used more oil..has to be coming out of exhaust..i used sea-foam in oil,put some in gas filter and foam in gal gas..ran it 15 min and let set 15 min did that till ran out of gal gas..the plugs were carboned...drained oil today this time i put mystery marvel oil with the oil and some in gas it started just fine and idled took short ride full throttle ran good..going ride and see if got better, do not have manual,talked to honda mech he said take apart and see but would not give info on what could be..any ideas would be appreciated that could give me a direction

ahicks

Captain
That doesn't sound very good. A carefully done compression check would be my first order of business. You'll be looking for one or two cylinders that are lower than the others - pointing to a need to remove the head for further inspection (and a likely rebuild).

donaldmorgan59

Recruit
thanks for responding,tried it out after did sea-foam and mystery marvel and still the same...i will take apart and chk