Oh Oh, Honda BF8A broke this morning

bigjo911

Seaman Apprentice
My little Honda 8hp was being a bit finicky to start this morning. It's new to me so starting it right has been a learning curve. Well, something went wrong this morning and I'm about to learn a lesson, here goes. I'm going to be honest, I may have improperly tried to start the motor after I become a bit frustrated. It's a cooler morning (around 45 degrees) and I went through the normal starting procedures.Prime bulb, pull choke and pull cord. The oil light was blinking and I was having no luck. So I put the motor in gear, gave it some throttle turns and placed back in neutral, still no luck.Long story short, I ended up turning it over but it was in forward gear, the throttle was near the start sign on the tiller but the motor revved really fast, I immediately stopped the motor. I restarted and notice the throttle was not working at all. Here are a few pics, of course the cowl was off the motor at the time so what ever broke off, I've not been able to locate. I would really appreciate the guidance to find the parts I'm missing, hopefully it can be told form the photo.

Attachments

• photo265509.jpg
    photo265509.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 0

Alumarine

Captain
A year and serial number might help but that part is not available for older motors I don't think.
I'd call the missing part a throttle lever.

Alumarine

Captain
I don't think that part is available separately.
The carb still is I think and the part no. might be 16100-881-E22
I would verify that with a dealer.

Alumarine

Captain
You're welcome.
Here's a picture to give you an idea what it should look like.
This is from my 84 7.5hp.
5ReRVt3.jpg