Parts and service manuals for Honda B100-S

Springcrik

Cadet
My brother gave me a Honda B100-S s/n 1700496 which has sat in his barn for several years. I drained & flushed the gas can, removed the spark plugs & shot a teaspoon of engine oil into each cylinder and then spun the engine by the starter rope for about 10 pulls to lubricate the cylinders. Attached the fuel hose & opened the drain plug on the carb and pumped the primer bulb until a good stream of clean gasoline came out of the drain port (didn't see any rust or dirt.) Put the lower unit in a 5 gallon bucket full of water, choked it, and darn thing started on the 3rd pull. Runs good and even has a good stream of water coming from the indicator. So I would like to change the impeller, engine oil, & gearlube and then see about mounting it on my Lund Tyee for a kicker motor. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it may need prop shaft seals or have some leaking gaskets, etc. but it runs good enough that I am willing to deal with those problems if they arise. Provided I can find parts for this 1980's? motor.

​Does anybody have a source for the factory parts & service manuals? You can get a zillion Google hits on the BF100 models but I haven't found a paper or .PDF manual that is specifically for the B100's

Mod EDIT: Solicitation removed

Any help is greatly apreciated

Springcrik

Cadet
I appreciate your response and apologize if requesting to buy an item from other members was against forum rules. Your first link references the Honda BF100 series but mine is a B100. Are these basically the same engines or at least similar enough that common service such as water pump replacement, carb rebuild, etc are the same? My research of available photos of both series motors seems to show the only visible differences are the control location such as the Forward-Neutral-Reverse shifter. But I haven't found a parts catalog for the B100 yet.

pckeen

Commander
I believe they are essentially the same. I have a manual - send me a private message

Mod EDIT: offer removed

I'm going to piggy back on this thread unless I get told not to, as I'm hoping someone can post a link to a parts place which sells a fuel pump rebuild kit.

Last edited by a moderator: