15 hp nissan

16ftsunbird

Seaman
I think I had ask this question last yr but I don't remember I have a 15 HP Nissan nsf15b it has a starter brk on it I have put a starter with a push button to start it question I have does it have the proper wiring already on the engine to tie in to so it will charge back to the battery if so what wires do I need to connect to

16ftsunbird

Seaman
I'm sorry I failed to to say it is a 2002 Nissan nsf15b it did not have a starter on this I bought this motor used I put the starter on and the question should have been did it come factory with a charging system on it

pvanv

Admiral
If you have a regulator/rectifier on the motor, it is setup for battery charging. If not, no, you don't have the charging setup; you will need to add the rectifier/regulator. The ignition system of the 15B2 uses the alternator, so all 15B2 motors do have an alternator.

16ftsunbird

Seaman
Hi Paul not to sound dense but is there a way to tell this without pulling the fly wheel like looking for colored wires or something in this order

pvanv

Admiral
The rectifier/regulator is NOT under the flywheel; it bolts to the intake manifold.
002-21047-4_FIG09.JPG