bf225 high pressure oil alarm

cdowhie

Recruit
would like to solve this without changing the sender which is under the head. diagnostics say high pressure oil alarm. starts after about 5 mins of running. happens more times over 3000rpm. willing to short out the sender so as not to change it. high pressure is not as critical as low pressure in my book. any ideas? 2006 bf225 300hours

sam am I

Commander
Guess what I'd do given your parameters is hopefully find an additional capped off oil port (or Tee off the low?, is the high in the same galley as the low?) on the block somewhere and install a pressure gauge (mech or electronic), pipe it in, run it and see what the pressure is really doing.

If it's truly higher then the spec but, not off the earth high, disconnect the high alarm.....Would be nice to know why it's going up though eh? I'd be keeping an eye on it though, how high is to high? and why is it going so high?

If its within spec, sender is in fact bad, disconnect it and go on with life....... Leave in and always monitor your new test gauge I reckon.

Last edited: