tohatsu 140 Prop help..1992 skeeter 200dx

bikernaz

Recruit
I have a 1992 skeeter 200dx ..1425 lbs dry weight....the 1990? tohatsu 140hp outboard with a mercury prop stamped 77342a45p15 ran decent with a wot of 5900 rpm...5700 is supposed to be max...it is cracked so I bought a Quicksilver Black Diamond RH 13 1/4 X 17 Aluminum 3 Blade...which will not get out of the water.I would not mind buying a stainless prop...but I do not want another paperweight for the top of my toolbox...especially an expensive one..any tohatsu 140 people out there who could give me a prop number...or recommend something that works with this unicorn combination...BTW..this tohatsu is stronger and MUCH quieter than the mercury I pulled of it...I like it

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Why don't you stick with OEM props. It's impossible to dial best prop for your application, props must be water tested under trial & errror as currently loaded to run at max wot rpm range. Theory suggestions, recommendations dosn't work, to each combo his own prop...

OTOH, if beaten Merc prop performed right, no issue revving slight + 300 wot revs, buy same one and avoid costly prop experimentation testing other brand props..

​Happy Boating

pvanv

Admiral
Welcome to Iboats,

Why don't you stick with OEM props. It's impossible to dial best prop for your application, props must be water tested under trial & errror as currently loaded to run at max wot rpm range. Theory suggestions, recommendations dosn't work, to each combo his own prop...

OTOH, if beaten Merc prop performed right, no issue revving slight + 300 wot revs, buy same one and avoid costly prop experimentation testing other brand props..

​Happy Boating
Yes.

And have a prop shop measure the original prop, if you can't get the info from the numbers 77342a45p15