Honda BF20 stalled, no restart!!

xjma

Petty Officer 3rd Class
2007 BF 20 Honda, electric start, electric tilt on a 16' lund. Recently has not been running 100%, hiccups on it's way to WOT, but then once there was fine.

Tonight we went out, hiccuped and kept hiccuping on way to WOT, so kept it at half to 3/4 before it hiccuped, and it ran mint. then all of a sudden it didn't. Running high octane gas with startron, a few weeks old, but it was happy at first so pretty sure fuel is not an issue. Brothers boat, borrowing it, and of course he doesn't have a tool on the boat (luckily I threw some paddles on there to get back). He thought he put the right plugs in it, but they are not NGK, and I told him dumb dumb dumb idea, but probably not why it won't start. Have yet to pull plugs, oil is good, it was peeing but maybe not as strong as it should??? And it seemed warm to the touch to me, especailly around the computer.

Where to start?? Bulb was hard, recently went through carb and it was immaculate. It didn't even kick, and I hit that starter harder than I should have. I know I need to pull plugs and see what's going on, and then check for spark. Anything ignition related that can just up and fail on this motor??

Thanx for any help!!

xjma

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Tried to start out in the yard, still a no go. This thing has always fired on the first or second press of the button, period. Got the bulb hard, no start, so I pulled the top plug, not wet.

I guess I should replace the fuel pump?