8hp Honda 2006

stormmnv

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Just bought a boat that has a Honda B8FAAJ 2006 engine... the tag on the housing says it's a 8hp and the stamp on the engine case says it's an 8hp engine.

As I had just purchased it from the orig. owner and he said that it had been sitting for 3yrs., I ordered a water pump kit and carb kit, neither fit.
I checked the Honda parts book and yes, according to the Honda books and also aftermarket books, these were the correct parts for the 8hp engine.
After doing some investigation in the Honda parts book, I found that all the parts I needed were for a 9.9hp Honda. I ordered the 9.9 parts and they fit fine.

Guess Honda goofed. anyone ever ran across this type of error with Honda. .
next question>> the idle mixture adjustment screw is set so that it can only be turned 180deg. from factory setting, as I run high lakes (7 to 9k feet) how can I modify the tab on the adj. screw so a to richen the mixture for the high altitude???

thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Boating at high altitudes is other story than doing same at sea level. Check with Honda if there's high altitude carb jets for that particular 7-9 K Ft lake boating height, OB will perform better and with a prop maximization much better.

Happy Boating