HELP! Honda BF45 Weirdest issue

Slay Ride

Recruit
Will try and not be long windend. Old 45 Four Stroke. Runs like a bat out of hades for a couple minutes. Starts perfect, idles fine. But "almost" dies after 2 minutes of running hard. Will run all day long well at low idle. You can almost put a timer on the time it takes for the motor to stall. It doesn't cut off all together. Pull off throttle and wait 30 seconds and will run wide open again. Thinking fuel related I have changed all hoses, filters, tank and using only Ethanol free gas. Spark is good on all cylinders. White smoke (does smell like fuel) when bogs down. HELP!! I am not dumb, I promise. I would re-do carbs but I just don't think it can be carb related. Desperate for advice.

hondam

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is it possible that your alarm is not working and your having an overheat situation? Those motors are bad about melting the upper and lower housings because of the secondary water intake no being blocked up when running on the hose.

That and make sure your your fuel pump is good, your carbs are properly synchronized, and your mechanical timing is correct.

Slay Ride

Recruit
Well it is possible that it is over heating. That would explain the white smoke right? It is peeing. I would think it wouldn't go back up to speed immediately after throttling down. I took out the thermostat a few years ago. How would I unclog the water intake? That is a new one on me. I did replace the fuel pump today. I have three of these motors (for spare parts). Ran it and the same happened. I did notice the bulb went flat (this is the 3rd one). So next going to replace it with one that is not a POS Moller from West Marine. After that I am back to square one. Prob a good idea to unclog build up in the intake. I did put a new impeller water pump kit a month ago on it.