nothing easier than cleaning a Honda carb

Igyjastabay

Seaman
I have rebuilt Tohatsu 4 stroke, Johnson 2 stroke and the Honda 4 stroke. Honda was the easiest one yet. Super duper quick and easy. JOHNSON 2 steoke 8hp was the worst by far, nightmare in fact. So hard to remove and access bolts, lots of plastic and a fragile cam follower.

akl2010

Recruit
I tried to do a rebuild on a johnson once and that didn't get past removing the motor from the shaft. they really go the extra mile to prevent that!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Actually carb design is pretty basic. However application is where it gets complicated. If you understand carb technology, you can rebuild most any carb to run properly again. That's not to say how easy or complicated it can be. But one thing to always remember, every passage way has to be clean and cleared if the carb is going to function properly again. Failure to clean those little passage ways out, will offer another problem. So never ever get into a rush when rebuilding carbs. And always install a new carb kit with new gaskets and "O" rings and seal and even a float if needed. Then you will be rewarded with a nice work carb. JMHO!

crabbybait

Cadet
me messing around with the problem i'm having,, i'm learning alot..!!

my 15 y.o nissan 40d2 had nary a tool touch it sans impeller an plugs ever.. i was very nervous taking on 3 carbs an getting them EVER right again.. found they are sooo simple,, heck ,,i can even do it..!!

lifetime of monkeying with briggs & stratton's an others ,, these are cake.. for one thing,, the floats are NON adjustable.. ya can't even mess this up drunk..!!..

soaked/cleaned as the book said with only isol alcohol .. an used a football needle air blower w/ 25 lb pressure for nooks ports & crannies.. the only problem is getting the neo float chamber gasket the stay put..

alittle scotch 77 spay adhesive did the trick..

heck, i can't wait to clean the carbs again..!! :)..

Igyjastabay

Seaman
My point was that this Honda carb is super easy to access which takes away 90% of the difficulties