Engin Basement Gasket leaking

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Still can't find an orange button to start a new topic...can't even find "the main part of the forum"...

How did you start this one and the other 13 threads? Click Forum Help in my sig.

Plandeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ok...got it now...would be more convenient if new topic could be started from the last post of previous topic instead of going to specific forum's home page...but never mind..

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Would a 2 blade prop on my outboard-saildrive setup give me even more revs and high end power?

Don't think that's possible to find a 2 blade prop on the market, usually are non through hub exhausts props and you have a through hub exhaust system. OTOH an I/B engine delivers way less wot rpm and torque compared to any OB. So an OB correctly propped to move a sailboat should be more efficient powering it.

Happy Boating

pvanv

Admiral
Don't think that's possible to find a 2 blade prop on the market, usually are non through hub exhausts props and you have a through hub exhaust system. OTOH an I/B engine delivers way less wot rpm and torque compared to any OB. So an OB correctly propped to move a sailboat should be more efficient powering it.

Happy Boating
Yes. An inboard running at maybe 1500 RPM is one thing; an OB running at 6000 is quite another. The correct prop for this setup is a 5-pitch HT 4-blade prop. Period.